Collect urine STD test
Urine sample collectionCOLLECTION INSTRUCTIONS FOR LABORATORY TESTING
- Mycoplasma genitalium
BEFORE YOU START
Read the information provided in this instruction carefully. Make sure to follow the next five steps
- Check the contents of your testing kit
- Label the sample
- Follow the steps given in the instructions
- Send your sample
- Your result
1. CONTENTS OF THIS KIT
A. One return envelope
B. One packing note with code (=top half)
C. One lab form with sticker (=bottom half)
D. one transport tube with pipette
E. One Rigid Safetybag
F. Cardboard holder
2. HOW TO COLLECT YOUR URINE SAMPLE (ONLY FOR MEN)
- Catch the first 20 millilitres of your morning urine in a clean cup. Make sure to not catch more than the first 20 millilitres, because a larger amount might influence the reliability of your test result.
- Remove the cap from the transport tube (D). Make sure that the fluid in the tube stays in the tube.
- Fill the transport tube with 2 millilitres of urine, using the pipette. The two black lines on the outside of the tube show how far you have to fill the tube.
- Firmly turn the cap onto the transport tube.
In order to send your test results, you have to activate your test. Go to: Mijnuitslag.
3. ACTIVATE YOUR TEST
You’ll receive an e-mail when we have your result.
4. TAG YOUR URINE SAMPLE
- Check you personal informatie on the lab form (C). You can correct your date of birth, gender and date of the swab collection if it isn't correct. (C).
- Place sticker of lab form (C) on the transport tube (D). This is very important.
- Place the transport tube (D) in the Rigid Safety bag (E). Remove the white strip from the Rigid Safety bag and close the bag.
- Place the Rigid Safety bag and laboratory request form (C) in the self-addressed envelope (A).
- Remove the white strip from the self-addressed envelope and close the bag. Send your package immediately.
SHIPPING INFORMATIONMake sure to send your package immediately after taking your urine sample. You can put the envelope in one of the orange PostNL mailboxes or bring it to a PostNL packet point. A stamp is not required. Send your package on working days before 23.00 o’clock. If you can’t send your package on the same day, store your collection in a place where it is between 2 and 30 degrees Celsius.
It is possible to take and send your urine sample on a Sunday. Make sure to put your package in one of the orange PostNL mailboxes with a medical post logo on it. It might occur that the outside temperature is below 0 or above 30 degrees Celsius. In that case you can’t put your package in the mailbox but you have to bring your package to a PostNL postal office or packet point.
For more information about the delivery of cards, letters, funeral and medical post, go to www.post.nl/brievenbus. The mail in this mailbox will be collected after 23.00 o’clock.
|Mycoplasma genitalium||14 days*|
* If you’re testing before the given window period, we recommend you to repeat the test after the window period.
- Do not use this test after the expiration date. You can find the expiration date on the outside of the package.
- Do not let children near the package and its content.
- The test can be used by one person and for one swab collection location (vagina, anus or throat). The only testing option for Trichomonas or Mycoplasma genitalium is with a vaginal swab.
- All Soapoli-online tests are executed in an ISO certified laboratory of STAR-SHL: ISO 15189.
- Storage temperature:
Unopened: 15 – 30 degrees Celsius
After taking the swab sample/ during transport: 2 – 30 degrees Celsius
Manufacturer: Directly BV
2801 DG Gouda
T +31(0)85-303 15 99
If there are parts missing in this package or if you have any questions regarding your swab collection, do not hesitate to contact our customer service. You can reach them by phone: +3185 303 15 99.